WHAT IS YONI STEAMING?
Yoni steaming is a practice in which a woman allows the warmth of herbal steam to permeate the exterior of her vagina.
A yoni steam gently and effectively cleanses, tones and revitalizes your womb, providing you with wide ranging benefits for reproductive health — from reduced menstrual cramps, to increased fertility, to heightened pleasure during intimacy. Respected by healers around the globe, yoni steaming is an opportunity to reconnect with your body and utilize the wisdom of plant medicine to promote healing of your cycle.
A yoni steam is also known as a vaginal steam, v-steam, bajo or chai-yok.
YONI STEAM BENEFITS
- Reduce symptoms of PMS, including pain, bloating and exhaustion.
- Decrease menstrual flow as well as reduce dark purple or brown blood at the onset or end of menses.
- Regulate irregular or absent menstrual cycles.
- Increase libido, lubrication and fertility, while tightening the vagina.
- Speed healing and tone the womb after birth.
- Reduce uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse and endometriosis.
- Assist with the repair of a vaginal tear or C-section incision.
- Maintain proper reproductive system pH and hormone balance.
- Assist with the healing of hemorrhoids.
- Relieve chronic yeast infections/bacterial vaginosis and support healthy odor.
- Ease symptoms of menopause including dryness or pain during intercourse.
- Detoxify the womb and body.
- Release stored emotions and tap into the energy that is our creative potential.
A yoni steam is generally a safe and effective practice that can be used by most women to support our bodies to function at their best. Still, it is important to keep a few things in mind as you prepare to do a yoni steam at home.
It is not recommended to yoni steam if you are pregnant, if you have an intrauterine device (IUD) or while you are menstruating. It is also wise to avoid yoni steaming in the case of a vaginal infection, illness or fever, or in the case of open wounds or inflammation. Finally, exercising simple caution during yoni steaming will help you to avoid burns. Never yoni steam with a continuous heat source, and test the temperature of the steam with the back of your hand before exposing your sensitive vaginal tissue. The steam should feel pleasantly warm, and you should immediately move away from the steam if it feels too hot.